When will Brighton Bear Weekend 2019 take place?
Will I have to pay or buy tickets to get into your events?
- Most of our events will be non-ticketed and free to enter, except:
- Our Beefmince nightclub event will require a ticket bought in advance. If any tickets remain unsold on the night, you will be able to buy one on the door. However, you should buy one in advance if you want to be sure of getting in, as this event is likely to sell out!
- The Royal Pavilion Tour and the LGBT Walking Tour of Brighton will each require a ticket bought in advance.
- The Mr Brighton Bear and UnderBears nightclub events will require payment of a modest entry fee at the door. Advance tickets will not be required.
- All tickets will go on sale on 30 March in our online shop.
Do I have to buy a wristband?
- No. You will still be able to get into all of our events (both ticketed and non-ticketed) without a wristband, but you will have to pay full price.
- We strongly recommend that you buy a wristband to take advantage of great discounts on drinks, entry fees, and many other items over the entire weekend. At only £6, it will pay for itself in no time!
- Wristbands are now on sale in our online shop and at Prowler in Brighton. They will also be on sale throughout the weekend itself, but get yours now before they run out!
Do I have to be a big hairy bear to attend?
- Not at all! We welcome every type of person at our events: bears, cubs, otters, friends and admirers – whether hairy, smooth, big or small! We do not discriminate by sex, gender identity, age, race, disability, body size, or anything else.
- Everyone is welcome to attend – and you can even bring your dog to the park on Saturday!
- However, please note that one of our venues, Subline, is a men-only private club. Their door policy therefore also applies to our events held there.
How do I get to Brighton, and where can I stay?
- Brighton is on the south coast of England in the UK, about 50 miles due south of London.
- You can get to Brighton easily by car or via public transport. See our page of travel information.
- Most of our events take place in the Kemptown area of Brighton, just north-east of Brighton Pier, but anywhere in the city centre will be within walking distance of our events.
- You can try Brighton’s official tourism site VisitBrighton for accommodation ideas.
Where do the proceeds of the weekend go?