When was Brighton Bear Weekend 2018?
- It ran from Thursday 14 to Sunday 17 June 2018.
- You can see the weekend’s programme of events and venue information (including addresses and map links).
When will next year’s Brighton Bear Weekend take place?
- The dates have not yet been confirmed. Please check back here later this year.
Where do the proceeds of the weekend go?
- The proceeds from the weekend (after costs) go primarily to the Rainbow Fund, a Brighton and Hove based grant-giving fund for local LGBT and HIV/AIDS organisations.
- Additional sums are raised for other local charities, including Lunch Positive and the Brighton and Hove LGBT Community Safety Forum, who provide food and run the bar respectively at the Bear-B-Que.
- All members of the Brighton Bear Weekend committee and our volunteers are unpaid.
- See more information about the Rainbow Fund.
How do I get to Brighton, and where can I stay?
- Brighton is on the south coast of England in the UK, about 50 miles due south of London.
- You can get to Brighton easily by car or via public transport. See our page of travel information.
- Check back here soon for our own page of accommodation ideas and deals.
- Try Brighton’s official tourism site VisitBrighton for more accommodation ideas.
Do I have to buy a ticket or wristband?
- No, you can just show up and enjoy the weekend! Some of the venues will charge a modest entry fee for the bigger events, but many are free to enter (although you will of course need money for drinks and so on).
- However, we strongly recommend that you buy a wristband to take advantage of great discounts on drinks, entry fees, and many other items over the entire weekend. You can still attend all of the events without one, but if you buy one for only £6, it will pay for itself in no time! See our list of wristband deals.
- Wristbands for next year’s weekend are not yet on sale. Please check back here later this year.
If there are no tickets, how can I be sure to get into a venue?
- Our indoor venues have limited capacity, naturally. To avoid queues, get there early!
- A wristband (see above) will give you priority entry to our nightly club events, which get very busy.
Do I have to be a big hairy bear to attend?
- No! We welcome you all at our events: bears, cubs, otters, friends and admirers. Everyone is welcome to attend!
- Please note that one venue, Subline, is men-only. There will be no dress code at this venue during Brighton Bear Weekend, although sometimes less is more.