Here is the programme of events for Brighton Bear Weekend 2017. You can purchase wristbands (giving huge discounts on event entry, drinks and more) from our online shop, the Camelford Arms, Subline and Prowler (112-113 St. James’s Street).
Click the icon next to any event to open its Facebook event page, and please click Going to let everyone know you will be there! You can also see a map of venues.
Thursday 15 June
- From 7:00pm: Pub Quiz at the Camelford Arms. Great prizes and a bonus raffle! Arrive early to be sure of a table.
Friday 16 June
- 7:00-11:00pm: Welcome Night and Cabaret at Bar Revenge. Hosted by our compere Jon B and the fabulous Spice, with tunes from DJ Alex B. Meet and greet the bears, and collect your clothing and wristband orders from the BBW crew. Free entry.
- 10:30pm-3:00am: Uproar at Envy. Dance the night away with DJs Bozzy Bear and Rob C. £5 entry with wristband, £7 without.
Saturday 17 June
- 10:30am-noon: Breakfast at the Camelford Arms. Get your Full English and socialise with the bears! Breakfast is £8.50 with wristband, £10.50 without.
- 12:30-5:30pm: Bear-B-Que and Picnic in Dorset Gardens. Free entry, with great food and drinks available at reasonable prices (or bring your own picnic), a full line-up of entertainment, and a range of stalls and sideshows. Accessible toilets on site. More information here.
- 5:30-7:00pm: Bobo-Bear in-store appearance at Prowler (112-113 St. James’s Street, Brighton, BN2 1TH). Bobo-Bear designed the posters for our Uproar, Woofer, Subwoofer and Bear-B-Que events, and has designed a range of t-shirts on sale at Prowler.
- 5:30-8:30pm: Bear-a-oke at Bar Broadway. Belt out a karaoke classic, or sit back and enjoy the show! Arrive early, as this intimate musical bar is bound to be rammed for this fun event. Free entry.
- 9:00pm-2:00am: Woofer at Latest Music Bar. Two DJs (Rob C and Josh the Barber) on two floors. £5 entry with wristband, £7 without. Additional £1 discount for entry before 10:00pm.
- 11:00pm-6:00am: SubWoofer at Subline with DJ Bozzy Bear on the decks. Booze, cruise and explore dark corners in the subterranean cavern. Fetish encouraged but no dress code. £5 entry (and priority entry) with wristband, £7 without.
Sunday 18 June
- 12:00-4:00pm: Sunday Roast at the Camelford Arms, A Bar (11-12 Marine Parade), the Marine Tavern (13 Broad Street) and the Bedford Tavern (30 Western Street). Replenish yourself with meat and two veg, and a beer or three.
- 12:00-5:00pm: Alternative Sunday Roast at Brighton Sauna. Get your energy back with a good soak and steam.
- 3:00-5:00pm: Ca-bear-et at Legends. Drinks on the sun-drenched terrace, with a cabaret show inside. Free entry.
- 5:00-7:30pm: Bear Bust and Raffle Draw at the Camelford Arms. Free entry. The raffle prize draw will start at 6:00. If you can’t be there, hold on to your tickets – we’ll announce the winning ticket numbers online afterwards!
- 7:30-8:30pm: Cabaret (2nd Drag) at Charles Street with Lola Lasagne. Free entry.
- 8:30-10:00pm: Rock’N’Roll Bingo at Charles Street. Hosted by Sally Vate. Free entry, with pay-to-play bingo.
- 10:00pm-4:00am: Underbears at Subline. Boxers or briefs? Get your kit off at Subline’s legendary Sunday night underwear party. (No dress code, but it’s warm down there so you’ll probably want to whip ’em off!) £4 entry (and priority entry) with wristband, £6 without.